Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Oh no! Sniff! Sniff!

Mr. Jenny and I babysat our Grandlittle's on Monday.

When we met up with their Mom to send them home, I decided to be a little silly.

"Oh, Oh!"  I cried in a distressed voice.  "I won't be seeing you until next year!   Oh!  Oh!  I am so sad!"

The girls got into the act and we all started hamming it up pretty well out in the parking lot of the sub shop where we meet.  Actually, my daughter-in-law hid in the car and pretended not to know us, I think!

Sigh...

But...

Even Mr. Jenny even got into the act, pretending to cry with great dramatics, "Oh no!  Oh no!   We won't see each other until next year!"

The youngest granddaughter stopped in the midst of the silliness and threw her arms up in the air.

"Wait!   Wait!" she yelled.  "Just wait a second!  What are we doing?   Isn't this supposed to be HAPPY New Year?"

Ahhhh.

She's right.

It is supposed to be HAPPY New Year!

And we are.

And I hope you are, too.

Happy.

And...

Finding ways to survive all the icky in your life without getting consumed by it.

Being joyous in spite of circumstances.

I saw the coolest quote the other day.

To paraphrase it...

"I'm not smiling because my life is perfect...I'm happy because I'm surviving my life."

Here's wishing you smiles and joy for 2013 no matter what you're surviving!



AND...

I'm so, so glad I got to see you next year!

Yay for me.

  post signature

23 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Your post hit home with me, Jenny. Miss my two oldest (now married) granddaughters something awful. Happy New Year!

Just Mags said...

What fun that must have been. Wishing you all wonderful things in 2013 sweet Jenny! Hugs

Theresa said...

I am happy to see you too:) Happy Happy New Year to you dear Jenny! I pray that this year is going to be a Happy and Healthy one for all of us! HUGS!

Jeanie said...

I love the way you said it and it is a great reminder that a lot can be overcome with a smile.

Evalinn said...

Good thoughts! Thank you for reminding me.

Happy New Year!

Susan said...

Love it, thank you.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm so happy to see you in this new year! It's going to be a positive and productive year for me! I just know it!
hugs, Linda

21 Wits said...

Me too! Can you see me smiling? Well I am and it's really a gigantic big (deep belly full of laughter) kind of smiling too! WHY? Because we are all survivors too, and we're all in this together, thank goodness- because we all rock! We're just totally awesome, and silly too- and Jenny you have lots to do with keep us all connected too! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! SMILING!!!! :)

Diane said...

What a great quote. Happy New Year, Jenny! :)

Ms. A said...

Wishing you and yours a healthy, prosperous and Happy New Year, filled with smiles and good things!

Janie Junebug said...

Happy 2013!

Love,
Janie

Jo said...

and here it is ... next year!!! I'm just trying not to pay attention to the little 13 at the end of the year and focusing on being happy just to be here!!!
Have a wonerous year full of life!!!

Amy said...

Ha! I think that quote is my life story right now. Really. Happy new year!

Amy said...

Ha! I think that quote is my life story right now. Really. Happy new year!

Melinda said...

Oh, I can just see this going on!

Too funny.

Happy 2013!

M :)

Unknown said...

lol...you goof ball! And I mean that in the loving-est way! I am looking forward to a positive New Year...one day at a time!

Maybe we can try lunch sometime in February????? :)
Hugs, Sandy

Anonymous said...

Really like that quote! and have always giggled at the "next year" jokes except when teachers pulled them - for some reason I thought they were stupid!

Judie said...

Spent NYE in Parkwood ER, with a virus that attacked my middle ears while I was walking into Walmart after golf. I was soooooooo sick! Fever, to boot! Everyone is gone now, and we are by ourselves for the first time in quite a while! Of course, I can't drive or play golf for a week!

Re: Our children at Christmas--I hear you loud and clear!! Sometimes I just want to smack 'um!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are a very funny and 'special' family!!! LOL!
I hope you more than survive this coming year; I hope it is full of joy and laughter for you all!
XOXO

Susan Anderson said...

Thanks, Jenny. And happy New Year to you as well!

=)

PS. I LOVE my ho ho ho sign. Thanks!!

Splendid Little Stars said...

funny!
I love your sense of humor and how you can find humor in the "ickyness." That's a great quote!
Wishing you much joy in the year ahead!

Stef said...

I love it! You are my kind of people. Many happy days to come

H said...

Happy New Year to you too Jenny. I do hope that this one is good for you all.