Thursday, June 20, 2013

Acrostic, Schmagostic!!!

Tracy gave us a nice little prompt for week 165.

But, yeah.

I really stink at acrostic poems.

It was supposed to be in honor of Father's Day.

Geez.

Anyway.

Here's what I came up with.

To read other acrostic tributes, just click here.


I’m trying to write an acrostic
It’s as hard as a haiku
My mind doesn’t process letter order
So I stink at this.   Sad but true.
I’m stuck on the letter H.
And the letters E and R.
I started strong but fizzled.
For.  Always.  Thinking. Isn’t getting too far.
I wanted to make it shorter
And use the letters D, A, D.
But that didn’t work well either.
I’m quite frustrated, yessiree.
So for Father’s Day my message
is not acrostic a bit…
Dear Dad.  You always like my sisters better than me.
Sorry to be such a SH@t!
post signature

10 comments:

Ms. A said...

*Wild applause

Susan Anderson said...

haha.

I used to write acrostics for little gifts when people were moving away, using their names.

Not the most fun exercise...

;)

Anonymous said...

Ha!

Theresa said...

Oh yes... you make me laugh:) HUGS!

noexcuses said...

Well done! {applause} This is a new idea to me. I will have to check it out, but may be too taxing on my brain cells. Thanks for posting!

Naperville Now said...

thank you for starting off my day with a laugh. MUCH better than any acrostic.

Anonymous said...

Never mind. Still an good read. Bravo.

Pam Beers. said...

I like the part about Dad liking your sister better than you even though it's not true.

You always bring smiles.

Unknown said...

This made me laugh....You always do even when I am not doing the greatest. I thank you for that.

Pat Tillett said...

That was good Jenny! Good and funny!